Monday, February 7, 2011

Tonights Gonna be a Terrible Night...

This year I was unable to watch a majority of the Superbowl. I honestly had little preference of who should win or lose, so I chose to do some other things to occupy my time. However, every year I try to make a point to at least watch the half-time show. This year I was surprised to see that the group The Black Eyed Peas, would be performing (nominated for 2010 album of the year).

I thought that this was an odd choice for a "musical group" especially after past half-time shows have consisted of Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, etc. However, I decided to be open-minded and give the Black Eyed Peas some respect....until I heard/saw them "perform."

I'm not very familiar with their music, but honestly...who the fuck let this "group" get this far? This was most untalented performance I have EVER seen on a nationally televised event. I would describe their sound as 'nails on a chalkboard,' but I don't think that would be fair to chalkboards. Two members of the "group" don't even do anything!!! Also, this Fergie chick has some of the worst vocals I have ever heard in my entire life. Talk about tone-deaf. And, what about the main guy? The only time he sang a note is when they auto-tuned his voice with that awful effect.

We should be embarrassed in ourselves for letting such a terrible, untalented, generic group get as far as they have. The only way this could have been any worse is if Justin Bieber would have jumped on stage and joined the Black Eyed Peas by doing the macarena. This performance was so frustrating that I am literally getting a head-ache just thinking about it. Because of this massive head-ache I am longer able to finish my rant. So, in closing, the Packers might have won the Superbowl, but after watching the Black Eyed Peas halftime show, I believe everyone lost.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! Max, you're awesome! lol ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty funny.

    Their first two albums with Fergie were more tolerable, the last two have been techno-ed and Auto-Tuned to death.

    ReplyDelete